About Tableau Rug (Pictorial Carpet)
The very concept and expectations of Persian rugs slowly started to change over the past 25 years. The original tableau rug, also known as pictorial carpet is not known when it was weaved together but some of the old rugs back in 19th & 20th century show that the similar type design ere used such as Hunting scene in Isfahan or Qum carpet as well as floral design in Isfahan & Tabriz carpet.
Also picturesque scene from ancient Persia showing the King and His wife as is another example. After the revolution in Iran back in 1979, the whole industry started to change and many of the original patterns which were famous in Iran were exported to many countries which they have started producing similar products with much lower quality such as China, Turkish, Afghanistan, India and etc and unfortunately selling it in the globe market known as as Persian Design Carpets. This have hurt the industry significantly which the export of the Persian rugs has been reducing year by year after the revolution. At the same time a new trend slowly started to take shape as part of the Persian Rug culture and Iranian came to a conclusion since they are best known carpet weaver and the oldest known carpet maker in the world & modern society, why not to re-produce some of the most famous, well known and rare art works from across the globe in the new product known as “Tableau Rug”. What is known is that now this is a new trend in the ancient world of Persian Rug.
Tableau rugs (Pictorial Carpets) are being weaved exactly the same way as the Persian rug is been made over the past 2500 yrs so there is no different in quality. The main different is that in Tableau Rugs you don’t have the ancient design and it always have a picturesque or scenary which are much more colourful with many different scenes. You can framed them the same way as you would do an work or painting and they are designed to be hanged from the wall.
Definition of word Tableau:
- a striking and vivid representationof a graphic scene of a group of people
- a picture, as of a scene.
- a picturesque grouping of persons or objects; a strikingscene.
- a representation of a picture, statue, scene, etc., by one ormore persons suitably costumed and posed.
- a striking or artistic grouping : ARRANGEMENT, SCENE
- [short for tableau vivant (from French, literally, living picture)] : a depiction of a scene usually presented on a stage by silent and motionless costumed participants
Theme of Tableau Rugs (Pictorial Rug):
- Scenery Persian Pictorial Rug
- People & faces Persian Pictorial Rug
- Animal Persian Pictorial Rug
- Statues Persian Pictorial Rug
- Flowers Persian Pictorial Rug
- French Style Persian Pictorial Rug
- Persian Miniature Persian Pictorial Rug
- Religious Persian Pictorial Rug
- Persepolis (Pasargad) Persian Pictorial Rug