About Tableau Rug (Pictorial Carpet)
The very concept and expectations of Handwoven rugs slowly started to change over the past 25 years. The original tableau rug, also known as pictorial carpet is not known when it was weaved together but some of the old rugs back in the 19th & 20th century show that the similar type design ere used such as Hunting scene in Isfahan or Qum carpet as well as floral design in Isfahan & Tabriz carpet.
Also, a picturesque scene from ancient Persia showing the King and His wife is another example. After the revolution in Iran back in 1979, the whole industry started to change and many of the original patterns which were famous in Iran were exported to many countries which they have started producing similar products with much lower quality such as China, Afghanistan, India, and etc. At the same time, a new trend slowly started to take shape as part of the Rug culture and middle eastern came to a conclusion since they are the best-known carpet weaver and the oldest known carpet maker in the world & modern society, why not reproduce some of the most famous, well known and rare artworks from across the globe in the new product known as "Tableau Rug".
Tableau rugs (Pictorial Carpets) are being weaved exactly the same way as the handwoven rug is been made over the past 2500 yrs so it is no different in quality. The main difference is that in Tableau Rugs you don’t have the ancient design and it always has a picturesque or scenery which are much more colourful with many different scenes. You can frame them the same way as you would do work or painting and they are designed to be hanged from the wall.
Definition of word Tableau:
- a striking and vivid representation of a graphic scene of a group of people
- a picture, as of a scene.
- a picturesque grouping of persons or objects; a striking scene.
- a representation of a picture, statue, scene, etc., by one or more persons suitably costumed and posed.
- a striking or artistic grouping: ARRANGEMENT, SCENE
- [short for tableau vivant (from French, literally, living picture)]: a depiction of a scene usually presented on a stage by silent and motionless costumed participants
Theme of Tableau Rugs (Pictorial Rug):
- Scenery Pictorial Rug
- People & faces Pictorial Rug
- Animal Pictorial Rug
- Statues Pictorial Rug
- Flowers Pictorial Rug
- French Style Pictorial Rug
- Persian Miniature Pictorial Rug
- Religious Pictorial Rug
- Persepolis (Pasargad) Pictorial Rug